Here’s the video:
from ABC News:
Asked whether he will make another attempt to fully repeal the Affordable Care Act, Boehner said “the election changes that” and “Obamacare is the law of the land.”
Still, there are some parts of the law, he said, that should be on the table as lawmakers work toward a balanced budget.
Did Democrats roll over and compromise their principles when George W. Bush won re-election? No, they did not. They dug in, they hardened their opposition, and they cleaned our clocks in the last two Presidential elections. Now is not the time to go all mushy. Now is is the time to fight harder than ever.
Now, I understand that Bohner’s position may be a tactical one. Practically speaking, with a re-elected Obama and a Democrat majority still in the Senate, a bill to repeal would get no where. However, that doesn’t mean that every House and Senate Republican’s goal shouldn’t be to pull this weed up from its roots. Bohner must clarify his position. This election was not a mandate to keep Obamacare, and if he expects to be the leader of the House Republicans, he needs to be the leading voice of opposition to it. It doesn’t matter how it happens, a single bill or a chipping away at it gradually. Obamacare must go.
I encourage every reader of this blog to light Speaker Boehner’s office up with phone calls, faxes, and emails. Let him know that if wants to keep his job as speaker, a full-repeal Obamacare is the only acceptable position.
Here is the Speakers’s contact info:
You know what to do…
More proof of what I’ve known since he became speaker: Boehner’s a RINO, a wuss who’s afraid to fight, and needs to be replaced by a conservative ASAP. We need someone who will flood the Obama Administration with roadblock after roadblock until the government comes to a screeching halt and who won’t let up until Obama caves. Boehner’s just going to bend over and ditto for McConnell in the Senate.
- benitah likes this
- captainehren likes this
- captainehren reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- slowdown-you-crazychild likes this
- wpsl likes this
- maz-z likes this
- donttreadonvirginia reblogged this from deadbilly and added:
- conservativewoman reblogged this from rcousens3 and added:
- j4s0nd4v1s reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- conservanerdy reblogged this from the-liberty-republican
- conservativenerd reblogged this from rcousens3
- deadbilly reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- rcousens3 reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- slide-to-the-right likes this
- whittneydoll likes this
- the-liberty-republican reblogged this from poorrichardsnews and added:
- arizona-republican reblogged this from poorrichardsnews
- poorrichardsnews posted this